Saturday, December 16, 2006

Abbey of Gethsemani and Thomas Merton

My wife and I visited the Abbey of Gethsemani in Trappist, Kentucky for a silent retreat in April 2006. I totally reconnected with God and myself, and I highly recommend this journey for anyone who needs to refresh his or her spirit or would like to get away from the hustle and bustle of modern life.

It was a wonderful spiritual experience, and I truly admire the men and women who can devote such a life to God. I also believe that Thomas Merton, a monk who once lived at the monastery, was a modern-day prophet. It was so peaceful and refreshing, and I would love to spend one Christmas there if possible.

For more on the Abbey of Gethsemani and Thomas Merton, please visit the following links:
Abbey of Gethsemani
About Thomas Merton
Books by Thomas Merton

No comments: